Islamic Center of Nashville Bellevue Mosque (ICNBM) is looking for a knowledgeable Imam.
- The Imam must have sufficient knowledge of the Quran and the Hadith.
- Mastery in tajweed rules to ensure correct recitation of the Qur’an is required.
- Must be fluent in English (spoken and written). Proficiency in Arabic language is a must.
- Must have the ability and the skill to interact with the youth and understand the challenges faced by them.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and judgment skills, and the ability to work with individuals from diverse ethnicities and diverse backgrounds.
- The Imam is preferred to be a Hafiz of the Quran.
- A bachelor’s degree in Islamic Studies or related field from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Experience as an Imam is preferred.
- Experience in assisting new Muslims, as well as non-Muslims who are interested to learn about Islam is preferred.
- Experience in family counseling is a plus.
Responsibilities may include:
- Leading daily prayers at the mosque.
- Delivering occasional short talks (5 minutes or so) after Fajr and Isha salat on topics that are beneficial to the ordinary Muslims in practicing Islam.
- Delivering khutab and leading Jumu’ah salats.
- Different educational activities for the community.
- Leading and participating in the community programs and events organized by ICNBM.
- Helping the community with different services an imam is expected to provide.
- Assisting the ICNBM board with any activities deemed necessary by the board.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits based on the qualification and experience of the candidate.
How to Apply?
Please send resume at email@example.com
To learn more about ICNBM please visit http://icnbm.org/